Woman who can't forget is depressed


[image via modernwhimsy]
"Jill Price, 42, can remember every part of her life since she was 14 but considers her ability a curse as she cannot switch off.

Every detail about every day since 1980 - what time she got up, who she met, what she did, even what she ate - is locked in her brain and can be released to come flooding back by common triggers like songs, smells or place names.

Her condition is so rare that scientists had to coin a term for her condition - hyperthymestic syndrome from the Greek thymesis, for remembering, and hyper, meaning well above normal."
[via telegraph.co.uk]

Why is it that there is always someone with extraordinary abilities who hate their ability? Come on, if I had powers like Hiro Nakamura, I'll surely abuse it to the maximum and get my self filthy rich. And if I had hyperthy...blah blah shit, I can surely find ways to get me compensated mucho dinero maximo. But then again when it comes to memory retention, all I can remember is that I was up late drinking last night like all other nights and I was very drunk, again like every other night. I have no idea who I slept with or where the fuck did I sleep. And why the hell did I woke up inside the maid's quarters with nothing on. Shit! I think I have an idea why their smiling at me a while ago and singing "teeny weeny yellow polka dot bikini." Dammit! The secret's out.

No comments: